StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Do whiskey barrel sale and buyback schemes operate in your country?

2»

Comments

• Down under, they do it in man-size .... 24's. =))

• I think he's talking about coffin nails.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Saw an article in the paper about the kids taking ice because they can get smashed for under $20, where it costs double that to get pissed. :-O

• I've been to at least two distilleries in the U.S. with a prepurchase a barrel deal. But different than this scheme.

You buy an entire barrel at the time it is put into the barrel, flat price, no interest. They write your name on it and you come back in X years for the bottling, take your whiskey home.

At Las Vegas Distillery, they sell you a 30 gallon barrel and it sits there, in Bond. They let you decide when it is ready to bottle...even letting owner taste it now and then.

Stranahan's had a similar program. Looked like groups were buying full barrels.

I see this as a great deal for the distillery and great investment for the buyer, if the buyer gets a discount on the booze and the distiller gets to use the money from brown liquor, from date of barreling, not delivery.

Promising (contractually) to buy it back at a mark-up, even if at market price is a gamble.

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...