Temperature of Water Output of Baby CD

I'm a newby and know very little about distilling using a Ace Of Hearts baby dragon.
My question is... can anyone help regarding running temperatures of water output?
I have only ever used a Still Spirit Turbo 500 reflux still... and the cooling water output was required to be 55C to 65C.
I hope that makes sense.

Comments

• edited January 2016

Hi Mike, have a read of the operation manual here;

The StillDragon® Dash™ Operation Manual (PDF)

Pay attention to pages 41 on where @crozdog talks about spirit run and hybrid mode. Record what your water temp is in a notebook after manually doing a run and it will be a good guide for next time.
    In operation the cheap thermometers are pretty all over the shop and you can't run your unit on temp alone (the T500 instructions are crap for making crap) but you can use it as a guide to try and repeat the same conditions on different runs.
    Your best tools are your eyes, ears nose and tastebuds, the human senses are so much more accurate than thermometers, parrots or any other instrument we use, so develop them and you will get better and better at this. Have a really good read of the basic stuff like Kiwis Guide to Cuts in the read first sticky at the top and you'll be on your way to great spirits within weeks.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• All the things @punkin said... and then add this:

This may sound 'silly', but think it through... start with the two extremes of what the exit water temp can be and then come up with where you want it to be based on what it is doing...

If you run the tiniest trickle through, the exit water will be at or near you vapor temp below the RC.

If you run a lot of water through, the exit water will approach your inlet water temp...

The exit water will be raised by the temp of the energy taken from the vapor... Now, at a given power level, one you can easily reproduce, and with a given wash, one that you can also reproduce, see what happens when you are at 40,45,50,55,60C... take some notes, write them down, and when you want a product, you have a baseline:

Flavored spirit - you may find that 55 works good (or some other number...)

Neutral - you may find that 40 and 45 work good, so you do futher research around those numbers

• Another addition:

The output temp also depends heavily on your inlet temp. My municipal water comes in at 12C right now, so 55C is creating a lot of reflux (for me).

And when you're talking about the output temp, my question would be as well RC or PC? Are you plumbing them in parallel or in series?