Hydrosols

Can anyone point me in the way of resources regarding hydrosols, techniques, technology, etc? Bouncing around finding lots of folks selling, but most of the resources I'm finding about making are really crude DIY home blog projects.

Tagged:

Comments

• I made some recently mate, shoot me through an email addy and I'll send you some pics and try and answer any questions you may have.

• @TheMechWarrior said: I made some recently mate, shoot me through an email addy and I'll send you some pics and try and answer any questions you may have.

Or you could share here for everybody to see. I am sure others are interested in that topic as well.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Seems that most of these sites are infested with new age weirdos.

• edited December 2015

Thought I found a good one, and then it went completely downhill when the author stated that the first drips from the condenser brings him/her to tears, and that it was testament to the powerful resonant energy of the botanical being released.

I mean, I've had whiskey so good it's brought me to tears, but this? Whew.

• Ah,,,coocoo. Ah,,,coocoo.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• wouldn't the hydrosol just be the water left under the oil from a steam distillation?

ESSENTIAL OIL Steam Distillation Steam Distiller

• Yes, though how I understand it is the botanical extractives will differ in the oil and water phases, with some chemicals only present in one or the other. The oil distillers were focused on oil, with the water phase being waste.

I'm looking for water soluble flavors, but extracting through distillation not yielding a positive result.

I'm wondering about potentially blending back the hydrosols in the product dilution water.