1 750ML of UJ, Bourbon, SFeed or other whiskey
8-10 cinnamon sticks
1/3 cup of raw sugar
1 Tablespoon chili flakes
1/2 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Pour 750ml of the whiskey/bourbon into a large container or pitcher.
- Wrap the cinnamon sticks in cheesecloth to create a tea bag. Put the bag into the pitcher of whiskey to steep. or dump them in and fish em out later...
- Stir in the raw sugar. Let the whiskey and cinnamon teabag steep for up to eight days.
- Make the chili oil: In a small nonstick pan, stir together chili flakes and vegetable oil. Gently warm the oil and chili flakes over low heat for approximately five minutes. Remove from heat and allow the oil to cool completely before straining it through a fine mesh sieve and transferring to a squeeze bottle.
- Remove the cinnamon tea bag from the whiskey. Stir in two drops of the chili oil.
- Taste and adjust the level of chili oil to your liking.
- Return the flavored whiskey to a bottle that can be tightly sealed. The spiced whiskey can be kept for three to six months and is great served straight, on the rocks, or combined with your favorite soda.