Another Distilling Story on ABC Australia Landline, this Time it's Gin

ABC Landline November 1. Another great distilling story from ABC Australia's Landline program. This story is about Gin and how the Aussie distillers are starting to make something truly unique to our country. The story is the last half of the program.

Landline 1/11/2015 @ ABC AU iView

Thanks to @Johnboy for the heads up on this story.

Tagged:

Comments

• It's definitely taking off in a a big way. I really hope it doesn't crash in a similar manner.
    Does anyone know the Four Pillars guys? Mech?

• Yeah, met them a few times. TOP team of people. One is like a bottle of champagne all full of excited energy bubbles; the other 2 are like very different fine wines (one red and one white), matured, intelligent and grounded. I think the gin renaissance will be here for a little while longer yet, we've really only scratched the surface on what's possible. Expect to see some big things from Australian gin producers in the very near future ;)

• I sent the ADA press an email a while back and didn’t get a response. I’ll have to chase it up.
    I was heading up to Eildon with the old man on a fishing trip a few months back talking about setting something up in the area, just as we went past their venue in Healesville . They beat me too it. The site was just getting kitted out so we couldn’t go in for a look. I’ll only be a short drive away by the end of the year so I’d love to tee something up with them. I need to get a move on, I feel like I’m missing the boat at the moment.

• edited November 2015

A place in Adelaide that sells Lemon Myrtle and Mountain Pepper, both native Australian species. Probably a good base and starting point for an authentic Australian Gin.

Tumbeela Native Bushfoods

• great report, thanks for posting the link