StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

RE: Harry

Got this today: and am sharing this without his permission but do so as a friend would share to Harry's friends,

Writing this to Tim, but also to others to let everyone know what's going on.

Hi Tim,

So, we've hit a speedbump. More-like the shit has hit the fan.

Tim, I won't be able to implement your solution to my heart issues. Saturday night 15th June last week, I had my second MI heart attack after 11 yrs since the 1st one.

Have spent the past week in intensive care. Had a Angiogram Thursday. They found the same 2 blockages I mentioned before. But they also found a new one, totally blocked. So 3 buggered pipes all up. Stents not an option. Surgery the only answer.

3 weeks time (12 July) I have to travel to Townsville (4 hrs by road) for open-heart surgery, triple bypass. There's no heart surgeon or theatre in my town.

It gets more involved. They've also discovered diabetes. So on top of all the surgery and now lifelong heart medications, I also have to manage my sugar and insulin shots daily.

Assuming I survive all this, the outlook is...radical diet changes, little or no booze and to top it off.

I'm kinda wondering if there's any point to carrying on.

I won't be around much on the boards until all this is over & done. Got lots of arrangements to make for the family. Also got lots of online stuff to arrange just in case.

Thanks for the help you offered. Unfortunately it wasn't to be.

Slainte!

regards

Harry
The Alcohol Library

If you know Harry personally, its time to reach out and show him your support... He has given a lot to our hobby for a very long period of time,

FS

Comments