StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

Comments

• Did the 6" crystal dragon ever eventuate??

• thanks for the bucket hat very sexy the lady's gona like it. The towel is very cool will look right at home with all my other SD gear. Thanks mate ( @punkin )

• @what said: Did the 6" crystal dragon ever eventuate??

Sure did. They are now available in ProCap.
    Classic SD bubble caps are being phased out on the bigger stills.
    Pro stills deserve ProCaps.

• I haven't got the Crystal Dragons in stock in 6". It's proved to be a real inbetween size. People have a choice of the 2.5" (soon), 4" and 5" and 8" in Crystal Dragon from stock here and the 6" in Dash form. I can certainly order the 6" Crystal Dragon if i have an order.

Fairly sure there will be a limited number of Ace of Hearts units in this order, i'm still to work that out with Lloyd. The glass parrots aren't ready but i believe the rest of the pieces are, pricing will be available when they get here.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @Drunkas said: thanks for the bucket hat very sexy the lady's gona like it. The towel is very cool will look right at home with all my other SD gear. Thanks mate ( punkin )

I got the bourbon girl to sew a little loop on my towel to hang it in the still room. She's going to do it to the rest of them, just hasn't got round to it yet. I'll get onto her (i'm not allowed to use her sewing machine) :bz

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I know the feeling @punkin, why I have 2 sewing machines now :))

• edited October 2014

@punkin do you have weldless element setup's?

Really thinking I need a 2nd element in my milk can and its a pita to get it down to someone that welds atm :s

But I can get a hole saw and a drill easily enough :)

might also be keen on another complete tee and a packed section with an extension to get my height back down

Also been thinking about a 4" extension so my bottom plate doesn't sit on the boiler lid

Oh yeah also a couple more of the digital thermometers :)

• I don't have a weldless element. There was some conjecture about using the new boiler adaptors on a curved surface to create a 2" weldless, however they were not designed for that purpose and it would take 1 brave soul to drill a hole in their can so others can benefit from the yay/nay knowledge ;;)

The rest is all stock.

• I forgot about those weldless things you've got. Hopefully your ordering some in your express order.

I'll take one for the team!

• Keg boiler that is

• Yes mate, assuming Lloyd has stock i'll be ordering a few today.

• edited October 2014

@punkin said: Yes mate, assuming Lloyd has stock i'll be ordering a few today.

Let me know how that goes I can be patient for a month or two (would want one for Dec at the latest)

Really trying to avoid going to your competitor :S

Probably should have asked about a duel element boiler when I first brought but ohwell

I'll flick you an email once I work out what and when I want the other stuff :P however I should probably wait until I have more power to make the most out of it

Atm I struggle to keep a toothpick stream unless I seriously drop the water from the RC and then it starts to drop % really fast :s

Also heat up time is a pita

Need to look into better way off cooling too my mains water is slightly erratic haha

• I'll know by the end of the day. I stock twin element cans as well, you may be better off in the long run putting the can you have up for sale and upgrading. Or at least upgrading the circuit and element.

As far as cooling goes (i'm assuming you mean reflux condensor), i have now listed the 9 hole reflux condensors, they are an upgrade to the standard six hole ones for those who have higher temperature water in the summer at the same height. The super condensors i got in last weeks shipment have all sold.

I'm happy to list both the can and the regular condensor for you on the specials page of my site with your contact details at whatever price you decide or asking for offers, no commission? And you could upgrade once they sell. Give me an email if you'd like to pursue that.

In other news, a dozen new items listed on the site today, from a stack of new odd size reducers, to 5" sight towers and the new copper thermowells for the home builder. Finally got around to adding the thermometers i've been giving away for a year #:-S :D

• edited October 2014

@punkin said: I'll know by the end of the day. I stock twin element cans as well, you may be better off in the long run putting the can you have up for sale and upgrading. Or at least upgrading the circuit and element.

As far as cooling goes (i'm assuming you mean reflux condensor), i have now listed the 9 hole reflux condensors, they are an upgrade to the standard six hole ones for those who have higher temperature water in the summer at the same height. The super condensors i got in last weeks shipment have all sold.

I'm happy to list both the can and the regular condensor for you on the specials page of my site with your contact details at whatever price you decide or asking for offers, no commission? And you could upgrade once they sell. Give me an email if you'd like to pursue that.

In other news, a dozen new items listed on the site today, from a stack of new odd size reducers, to 5" sight towers and the new copper thermowells for the home builder. Finally got around to adding the thermometers i've been giving away for a year #:-S :D @punkin said: I'll know by the end of the day. I stock twin element cans as well, you may be better off in the long run putting the can you have up for sale and upgrading. Or at least upgrading the circuit and element.

In other news, a dozen new items listed on the site today, from a stack of new odd size reducers, to 5" sight towers and the new copper thermowells for the home builder. Finally got around to adding the thermometers i've been giving away for a year #:-S :D

If I upgrade boilers i'll be going to a 120L one haha (need to get more fermentors first at this stage as I'd struggle to fill it)

I actually have a 4800W element that I got off you as well but my circuit won't handle it atm, and I am renting so can't get a better one installed :s

Its not that hard to add an extra element to the one I have just the effort of getting the can to a welder is a pita but a weldless one I can handle if it works then I can run off two circuits for power :)

My cooling setup is way to good for the power I am running atm if I turn the RC up I lose out put speed (drops to a trickle) am I wrong in assuming throwing say 3000w at it instead of 2400w will give me more product output at the same reflux?

So say I have 3L/min of water running through the RC to stack the plates and then I drop it down to 1.5L/min for fores and then 1L/min to get a toothpick sized stream with 2400w of power

If I throw 3000w at it I would be able to keep the RC at 1L/min instead of adjusting it due to the output going from a trickle to a stream and back?

My PC is always at a constant temp of about 12C when I run (I have the water running full through it (needle is fully open))

Or am I doing something wrong?

Maybe I need to post a video

• All sounds good to me, some others may chip in though mate as i fly by the seat sorta thing and use gas. @fadge and @cooperville both run flow meters and electrickery so may be able to help better than i.

Offer stands when you do want to upgrade.

• @punkin said: All sounds good to me, some others may chip in though mate as i fly by the seat sorta thing and use gas. fadge and cooperville both run flow meters and electrickery so may be able to help better than i.

Offer stands when you do want to upgrade.

The numbers are arbitary they where just to give an idea of what I am doing :p

Thanks for the offer and this is why I keep coming back to you :) the service is top notch, should probably stop spamming this thread haha.

Will send you an email when I am ready for more gear, if I get a payraise (should know this month) I may just go for the 120L boiler and 2 more 2400w elements :D

• Thanks mate. Customer service is my favorite part of my job.

• Although not SD you can get some weld less stainless elements if that's the way you want to go I have plenty of issues with heat and power shorts but have managed to sort it out by using separate power points in the house I can use two elements at once if I'm careful and monitor the heat of power cords don't leave them coiled run them out Also from the element I am running a lead that is about 12 mm thick I plug this into my standard 10amp cord to the house wall outlet Can't take photos as I'm at work sorry But I'm looking forward to doing a run when I get home in the new shed!!!!! That's right fellas Cooper has a shed :D

About flakin time

• Try twoc in perth for the elements but I'm sure you can get the same type over the other side !! :)]

• I strongly discourage anyone from buying the keg king style 2200 watt elements. They'll kill someone one day.

I'd rather see someone buy from the other fuckwit than something that's going to harm them.

• @cooperville said: Although not SD you can get some weld less stainless elements if that's the way you want to go I have plenty of issues with heat and power shorts but have managed to sort it out by using separate power points in the house I can use two elements at once if I'm careful and monitor the heat of power cords don't leave them coiled run them out Also from the element I am running a lead that is about 12 mm thick I plug this into my standard 10amp cord to the house wall outlet Can't take photos as I'm at work sorry But I'm looking forward to doing a run when I get home in the new shed!!!!! That's right fellas Cooper has a shed :D

About flakin time

I would be looking at 5 star as my only other option and thats against my religion lol

To run two elements I would use one plug in the brew room (circuit one) and then plug into a 2nd plug on the other side of the house with a long extension cord

Both elements would be 2400w and draw no more then 10amp I wired my power controller up to run at 32Amp but have a 10amp plug hooked up

I am more worried about the house wiring heating up :s

• i would find a friend who has a tig welder and can use it put another SD ferrule in for a new heater element

• @punkin said: I strongly discourage anyone from buying the keg king style 2200 watt elements. They'll kill someone one day.

I'd rather see someone buy from the other fuckwit than something that's going to harm them.

I second this. I had 2 of those keg king elements fail in a big way, even the new improved model they sent me failed after about 4 runs.

• edited October 2014

@cooperville said: i would find a friend who has a tig welder and can use it put another SD ferrule in for a new heater element

I actually have a mate who is a welder but he is to busy to pick my boiler up and I don't have a car

• Sounds like patience is your best option @clickeral Where are you based matey

• Dont go to the dark side.

Another option is to get a new dual, double element with 2 x 2400w. You will need to drill another hole in the 2" end cap for a second cable gland cause of the extra lead required.

No welding required.

I will dig up a link for custom elements if needed, or perhaps @punkin may be able to get one from his supplier?

Run one on the controller the other direct.

With a 50lt converted keg after heat up, during a run l take fores and heads perhaps at 2400w -10 amp, then ramp up to 3000w or even up to 3600w depending on how it's going. Deflag water is slightly adjusted to suit product type abv desired. It's more than a toothpick, perhaps 3 or 4 lt per hour. Everything is controllable to get whatever product l want.

It's surprising how little water is needed for the Deflag, my flow meter hardly moves.

Fadge

• Patience is 2 weeks.
    Long term patience is 2 months.
    Getting samples made and product ideas ready to market is 6 months to a year.

Pulling a liter out of a full sized barrel every week or two over 2 to 4 years for "quality control" is typical.

But this waiting, waiting, waiting thing is starting to wear thin. I want what I want NOW!!!

Patience sucks. Especially if I have to wait for it.

• edited October 2014

@fadge said: Dont go to the dark side.

Another option is to get a new dual, double element with 2 x 2400w. You will need to drill another hole in the 2" end cap for a second cable gland cause of the extra lead required.

No welding required.

I will dig up a link for custom elements if needed, or perhaps punkin may be able to get one from his supplier?

Run one on the controller the other direct.

With a 50lt converted keg after heat up, during a run l take fores and heads perhaps at 2400w -10 amp, then ramp up to 3000w or even up to 3600w depending on how it's going. Deflag water is slightly adjusted to suit product type abv desired. It's more than a toothpick, perhaps 3 or 4 lt per hour. Everything is controllable to get whatever product l want.

It's surprising how little water is needed for the Deflag, my flow meter hardly moves.

Fadge

Fadge you are a legend that makes even more sense @punkin can you get any of these??

@cooperville I am out in Ballarat and just have the motorbike atm haha

• You would look pretty funny fanging down the road with a boiler strapped to your back I like the idea of two in one end cap it would be very tight though

Now that you have brought it up punkin I have one of those keg king elements which for about 3 years hasn't worked but I can't( haven't ) removed it from my boiler as it will leave a dirty big hole in the side X( This time home I may patch her up!! I find when I run my hearts I have get deflag completely off (no coolant ) for about an hour then hVe to slowly bring her back online as the start of tails begins Works a treat

• I have my elements custom built for me at the rheem factory in New Zealand mate. The minimum order is 25 and the lead time is long.

Try one of your electrical trade stores in town, they will have a catalogue of Stokes or other water heater elements they can source for you. It is a very good idea and a great way to turn a single port boiler into a double element boiler. You'll owe @fadge a beer if you can get one for the idea. DA:O