StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Cuts on an All Feints Run?

Comments

• Bugger how do you rotate the image

• @Johnboy said: Bugger how do you rotate the image

Looks like that's my job then. Correcting the orientation is only one part, getting the resolution and file size down the other one. ;)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• I'm a technological halfwit so cheers for sorting it out

• Holy giant packed column Batman!

• Hi Johnboy,

What are you using for packing?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Pulling azeo at 6L an hour @ 5000watts works out to about 17 plates

• It's a mixture of UJ and rum feints still taste the molasses and the spice of rye hopefully carbon will make it usable

• edited September 2015

Temp corrected?

At that rate all your good likker will have been liberated in about 20 minutes from heat up.

• It's 12 deg c so it should read less right?

• oh your fine.

• It's the first time I've used the packed section and run feints so was just a bit of a trial am I running it too hard ??? I pulled fores/heads slow till acetone smell/taste went then fed it the kw's it flooded the bottom plate at 5400w

• I hearby decree that from this day forward, September 9th shall be known as All Feints Day in honor of that towering rig.

• @grin: ... that towering rig.

+1 ^:)^

• Your probably running too hard but also you really needed to do so. You have to find out how many clowns can be stuffed into the clown car so to speak.

Need to see how hard you can run and still pull 95% and also how hard you can push your cooling system.

Flooding that first plate with this big tall set up is not really that big of a deal.

• The rc can handle 16 kW so I could run flat out at 6kw all day and not run out of cooling. I wanted to give the packed section a cleaning run and had 14L of 91abv feints so figured why not play around. In future how should I be running this packed section?? Will running hard despite maintaining azeo affect quality of spirit?

• Packed section is 1500mm long packed tightly with 80 SS scrubbers

• I believe it does. I've taken up to 5.5l/hr with a 3" VM at azeo and it was not as good as 4l/hr from the same unit. I think you get smearing and it forces tails up the column to some extent.
    Depending what you are making that may be a good or bad thing. I like white rum driven that way.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @Johnboy said: SS scrubbers; 7,251 of them.

• My plan for this rig was neutral at 4L an hr so once I dial back to that I'm hoping to get fast clean spirit. Being that I'm running feints it's hard to tell if the flavour is tails being forced up the column of I'm just polishing spirit that tastes like ass. I pulled 7L before It got really nasty. And half a litre on the floor as it was 2am and I was asleep in the chair. Hahaha

• You'll shit in 4l/hr

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited September 2015

@grim said: I hearby decree that from this day forward, September 9th shall be known as All Feints Day in honor of that towering rig.

It's in my calender for next year.

@Johnboy I hope you have your working at heights permit. You have to stop doing this shit at 2am man. That's twice now isn't it? 7 litres wasn't bad considering a lot of people throw it, can't wait to taste the middle jar. I will get onto the carbon today for us.

• I need about 6 more hrs a day to fit everything in

• If you are getting anything worth a shit from an all feints run, you are doing better than me. I guess I am too picky. Now if it doesn't make the cut it goes out into the yard. I'm so dialed in on what I want from the run that I just don't save anything. I'm sure that I waste a lot but then again, I make a buttload more than I need. Funny, that it only took me one feints run (why I started this thread) to realize that.

• edited September 2015

@FloridaCracker said: If you are getting anything worth a shit from an all feints run, you are doing better than me. I guess I am too picky. Now if it doesn't make the cut it goes out into the yard. I'm so dialed in on what I want from the run that I just don't save anything. I'm sure that I waste a lot but then again, I make a buttload more than I need. Funny, that it only took me one feints run (why I started this thread) to realize that.

He is using a different machine.

I'd wager his approach would have a higher success rate. Though feints produced by any forced reflux machine is going to be pretty dern'd funky

• @FloridaCracker said: If you are getting anything worth a shit from an all feints run, you are doing better than me. I guess I am too picky. Now if it doesn't make the cut it goes out into the yard. I'm so dialed in on what I want from the run that I just don't save anything. I'm sure that I waste a lot but then again, I make a buttload more than I need. Funny, that it only took me one feints run (why I started this thread) to realize that.

As of this morning none of it is real good so I U.S. The best couple jars and run them through carbon filter if no good I've got 7L of lawnmower fuel

• I feel ill be dumping the feints from here on

• The mythic special feints run sounds like it is busted.

• Good practise and cleaning run

• Feints just fine after an old school pot still. Just nothing remaining after squeezing down with forced reflux.