StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Sheeps Whey Vodka

2»

Comments

• @FullySilenced said: There is actually a lot of info on using whey on the internet... way more than i expected

Awesome choice of words!!!

• Met this fine Fella today at the Melbourne (Australian) drinks festival. Excellent information on his process and had plenty of time to chat with a fellow still dragon forum member, even though we were talking outside of "official" hours and copped a warning from the officious official, officialy informing us of the official time ! Bloody smooth product to, especially compared to the potato vodka at the booth next door. Thanks Ryan, catch up with you in Tassie in a month or so !

• I also had a chat with Ryan this evening just before wrapping up his pallet :D

• edited February 2018

Talking to @Ryno again today and he's backed his silver medal at the World Spirit Awards for his vodka earlier this year with a gold for his Gin at the World Gin Awards.

World Gin Awards 2018 - Round One Country Results (PDF)

Way to go mate!

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• this is not only a very cool thread its a very professional looking outfit , hats off to you sir your equipment looks top notch .we are both very impressed . good luck with your adventure .

tim and kim

• Congrats on the silver and gold, Ryno. As Wisconsin, in the USA, is the Dairy State, I also am working on a whey based spirit. Have teamed up with the University System to assist in this project. We have had success fractionating the lactose with an enzyme and fermenting as usual. It seems the galactose is a loss at this time. Getting closer to being able to ferment both the glucose and galactose. We are using whey permeate (proteins removed) Hope to run a large 250 gallon mash soon. Curt Copper Crow Distillery

• I do this with Proteins still in and make mozzarella everywhere. Its a total mess with low yield but it sure is delicious.