StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Comments

• @Smaug: you know, if you build something like that in your yard, I will move in with you :))

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited April 2015

Gentlemen, have you lost your minds?

You know full well, that upon commencing construction, the significant other will start making critical design decisions about this "pub shed", which will slowly, but inevitably, turn it into anything else BUT a pub shed.

It will start with paint color, and window coverings, then decor (because tiki will be put aside as tacky) then the next thing you know, BOOM, there's a god damn potting sink or crafting table right in the middle of it.

The way to do this, well, the ONLY way to do this is in secret. The shed is for the yard tools and machines, but slowly, over time, secretly smuggle your gear into the shed. Work in the darkness if you need to.

It's the only way.

• The secret to that shit is to nip it! Nip it in the bud! Take a stand like it's the Alamo.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Yep, it was a rule from day one that women had to knock and await permission to enter my shed.

She could have a free rein in what happened in my shed and what was done to decorate it and what was stored in there as long as i had a free reign in the house the same.

It's too long since my motorcycle had it's own bedroom, last time was when i met her 30 years ago.

Never had a problem after that.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited April 2015

When I was young and single my Duo Glide had its own living room, mine. It went from parts in milk crates to a screamin' beast right there in that living room... B-)

Hard to believe that was 35 years ago.

• Reminds me of when I was in college, the guy in the apartment below me rebuilt a 350 Chevy motor in his living room because it obviously wasn't allowed in the yard or parking lot. Guess he didn't ask if it was allowed IN the apartment. On a side note, the carpet in that living room wasn't very clean.

• old bloke I know rebuilt his tractor in the lounge room so he could do it while watching tv in the evening when he wasn't out in the fields! and he wondered why he was single....

• @crozdog said: old bloke I know rebuilt his tractor in the lounge room so he could do it while watching tv in the evening when he wasn't out in the fields! and he wondered why he was single....

Dog, a man HAS to have his priorities straight.....

• @crozdog said: old bloke I know rebuilt his tractor in the lounge room so he could do it while watching tv in the evening when he wasn't out in the fields! and he wondered why he was single....

If it had been a Harley the women would have been fighting each other over who got to polish it for him...

• When I was building a LongEze aircraft, I needed space in the garage to work on the wings. The fuselage was stored in my living room and was pressed into service as a printer stand.

• Hahahah @EdInNH , so funny I have a fried who built a fixed wheel Velocity back in the early 90's and his fuselage was in his living room as well for quite some time :))

Was based on the LongEz ...

• It's a good idea, lock the door behind her though.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• The best part is most of these are based on portable sheds. So you can get it done anyway you want, at a friend's yard then suddenly have it appear in your yard before "she", gets a chance to mess up your plans... :-bd

• @captainshooch said: The best part is most of these are based on portable sheds. So you can get it done anyway you want, at a friend's yard then suddenly have it appear in your yard before "she", gets a chance to mess up your plans... :-bd

Voice of experience?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Kind of @Smaug, we did a 12 x 24 shed into a hunting cabin ;)

• daddad
    edited April 2015

I love sheds made out of CONEX shipping containers. Take it anywhere...

We go to a restaurant made of five containers stacked and arranged. It's beautiful.

Gulf.jpg
    480 x 236 - 25K

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

Copper-and-Kings.jpg
    800 x 536 - 70K
  • Holy Jesus that is beautiful

• @grim said: Holy Jesus that is beautiful

Holy Jesus that is beautiful expensive

• daddad
    edited April 2015

Well, the containers aren't to bad, but if you have to pay someone to mod them...
    A 20' delivered is about $2,000 and a 40' is around $3,000, near the Mobile Port.

One of the neatest things is additions. The restaurant has added on as needed.

Kentucky Artisan Distillery in Louisville was using them for Rick House.

Gulf2.jpg
    480 x 309 - 30K

• Imagine a complete setup for grain to bourbon 1000L setup inside a 40' container... get your DSP based on the container to start, and optionally move it into your building when build out is done... maybe even a steam boiler in one end of the container that can run on LP and converted to propane... hell, put XP devices, sprinklers and gas detection in it... sure a few certification hurdles, but say you could do it for $50-$80k... catch the distillery boom by the gonads and sell 100 of them....

• I believe that just such a prototype clandestine distillery in a CONEX already exists somewhere in sandland, run by guys in green.

• You want a 40 foot container with its own lifting / leveling system, filtered positive pressure ventilation, and a bolt on tractor unit so it is self mobile? No problem. Fitted out as anything you want from a chemical analysis lab to a laundry. ;)

• That's what Walter White said...

containers_01.jpg
    700 x 454 - 72K
    house_08.jpg
    700 x 620 - 68K