Bachman Stripper

edited March 2015 in General

Well the pieces are gradually coming together. I first got my version of @Telluride's steam generator all together and functioning great. A few days ago I finished work on a 3 gallon pot. It has a tri clamp steam injection wand and a overflow port. The next piece of the puzzle is the column, which I don't have yet. I am not sure if I want to use glass, stainless or copper. I definitely want to use perforated plates. So I did a water run today, using my 4" bubble cap column. Just a simple test of the pot and steam generator. The pot temp was rock solid at 210f as was the temp above the dephlegmator. Any input on column design would be helpful.

1.jpg
800 x 598 - 54K
2.jpg
800 x 450 - 49K

Comments

• edited April 2015

I found this pump on eBay, cost about 20 bucks more than the chugged. I am going to use the master flex for the feed side and the chugged for the discharge side. Hopefully I can tuned the chugged with just the ball valve.

3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 59K
  • edited June 2015

I finally got to do a water test on my stripper, no wash feed, just steam from my generator, I had a little leak at the chimney, but besides that everything else looked good. The pot and column temp held rock steady. I hope it will be that good when I start feeding a wash.

4.jpg
    800 x 450 - 54K
    5.jpg
    450 x 800 - 63K
    6.jpg
    450 x 800 - 56K
    7.jpg
    800 x 450 - 44K
    8.jpg
    450 x 800 - 47K
    9.jpg
    800 x 450 - 47K
  • Looks like you are ready to rock and roll.

• Nice work @bachman , when do we get to your run on product?

• 60 hour work weeks take a lot of my time, I will post as soon as I run something

• @bachman, how's this stripper working out? have you made any enhancements?

Could you please share how you setup your control loops on the 2 PID's?

Thanks Croz

• How's it progressing? When I can find a spare few hours I'll sit down and do summary of my latest efforts that have consumed ALL of my waking moments.

• Hi @TheMechWarrior looking forward to hearing all about it