StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

StillDragon North America Bulletin Board

Comments

• Hi USA, We are now officially in crunch time for getting last minute boilers in the queue.

Though we do have boilers on the floor at the moment,,,, they are going fast. Please inquire no later than 10/18 to insure that we can take delivery on your tank prior to the start of the CNY (Chinese New Year).

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• December Sea Freight has landed.

We are under a customs exam however. Only God and the dear folks at customs knows when the shipment will clear for release. Hopefully before the end of the week?

Thanks everybody for your patience.

• @CothermanDistilling said: and then?

Sorry, I don't understand?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKNX6dieVcc

(you cannot just stop by saying a ship is here and not tell us what's in the box!)

• Lots of parts. CD parts not really part of this shipment. We really tried to focus on our core parts for this delivery.

• Lots of parts = No 380L boilers, huh?

• January or February on the next tank delivery.

• Good things come to those who wait! ye sir!

It is what you make it!

• anything new and exciting?

• What kind of CD products are gonna be on this shipment? Also, by the sound of the Red Door Distillery thread it sounds like the 8 inch crystal dragon R and D is done so when can we expect those to become available? I'm sure after I run the new 380L once with a four inch column I'll quickly want to order the 8 inch.

• @cambo I wouldn't say the R&D is done just yet on the 8" CD. Will be working on building the upgraded Downcomers this weekend and I hope to try them out next weekend. This might be the final R&D if it works how I calculated it to work. With a 380L @10% wash I would estimate you will be looking at about 9-11 hrs for a run not including Heatup and Full Reflux time. The 8" would cut this down to about 3hrs or so.....

• @RedDoorDistillery said: cambo I wouldn't say the R&D is done just yet on the 8" CD. Will be working on building the upgraded Downcomers this weekend and I hope to try them out next weekend. This might be the final R&D if it works how I calculated it to work. With a 380L 10% wash I would estimate you will be looking at about 9-11 hrs for a run not including Heatup and Full Reflux time. The 8" would cut this down to about 3hrs or so.....

Yes three hours sounds more like it! Are you using a three inch condenser with that setup?

• @cambo I built my own product condenser before I ever found SD. It is 4" TC and about 2.5feet long.

rdds_still.jpg
    600 x 795 - 71K
    rdds_pc.jpg
    600 x 680 - 47K
  • The product testing so to speak is happening on the sieve plates. The bubbleplates are a proven design and the 8" Crystal Dragons are available in Australia at least with bubbleplates right now. Not sure about whether Larry has stock of them.

A 4 or 6 plate design will work right out of the box and will be a stunning addition to any distillery.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• We will be pretty well stocked here shortly. I have chimney glass and the requisite site towers in stock. Waiting on dephlegs and copper plates for the caps.

• @RedDoorDistillery Thats a nice looking PC for sure. That 4" sure looks small compared to the 8" column!

So perhaps i should start a new thread, but i am in the process to open a distillery in my area and i have already got a 380L bain marie boiler with an agitator coming. But i have yet to decide, i suppose from lack of knowledge about sieve plates, on bubble caps or sieve plates when i scale up my equipment to match my boiler size. Perhaps Red Door could shed some light on the subject. I plan on making a Vodka, gin, rum, and bourbon. I like the idea of the faster take off rate with the sieves thats for sure! But thats pretty much where my experience ends. Any insight?

• Cleared and released. Looks like available on Monday. We have to count all this into our inventory first,,,, so we really do appreciate your patience.

• edited December 2013

Never saw the the movie,,,,,Just watched the clip. Michael I must insist that you do not attempt to put your foot in my A__. No good can come of it.

• :)

• When will the container be ready to go?

• edited December 2013

Hey @applepie, at this very moment I am fuming as Old Dominion is doing a terrible job of communicating with me. I am hopeful it will be here this morning.

• I did importing at one time. I understand the hassle it is. Paperwork and wait and inspection and guessing what inventory is gonna be when it comes in is rough and then more paperwork. You gotta have a really good crystal ball. Ususally after the container was released from the port it all down hill from there. OD was usually pretty good but the union is the union. Thanks

• Hey @Smaug , fixing to call u w/an order for some more crystal parts, are u busy atm?

• NP captainshooch

• edited December 2013

Over16000 pieces + or - to now count into inventory. We will go as fast as we can.

SDcrates1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 73K
    SDcrates2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 77K

• Thanks! e-mail me what we have so far and I will add to it in January.

• Yep, i unpacked 8 crates full of boxes like that last time. I need to get me a trolley jack cheap from somewhere like that one, would come in handy round here.

On another note, i have been selling the crates round here for near what i have paid for them. People using them for kennels, cubby houses, chook sheds etc are happy to pay $50 for one, bit of paint and a tin roof and they'll last a few years, compared to the hundreds of dollars for a premade unit that size.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Heck Smaugy your a nail bender stack one on top of the other put a couple small windows and a small door and its a kids play house way more than 100 bucks...especially with a little tin roof or maybe some shingles