StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

StillDragon North America Bulletin Board

Comments

• edited December 2016

There is a video of the DD 70L kettle with a copper helmet on the SDNA FB page.

We are getting more copper helmets in on our next shipment. At the moment they are all sold.

I'll mock one up for you when they arrive.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @Smaug - Ha that little 70 is something else. I can't imagine what that little BM costs.

• Yeah on a per liter basis it's a bit spendy. It's a better value to buy a full system in this case. Easier for me to keep costs more reasonable.

• edited January 2017

Right now the only StillDragon stuff I have is the power controller and element protector, but I need to start asking about larger equipment than we're currently running at Cultus Bay Distillery, and you guys are obviously someone to look at. I really like the 380 liter Baine Marie boiler, for which I'd probably build an enlarged version of the potstill head that's working so well for us, but the website doesn't really tell me much about it.

For instance, when you say "indirect electric heating" does that mean it has (most probably) 2 element adapters in the water portion of the Baine Marie? And what size tri-clamp flange does it have for the head?

We're not really in the market right now, but things are changing fast, so I need to keep looking at growth paths.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• Not to but in but for a quick answer the standard 380 BM has 6 x 2" ports for elements and an 8" port for the column. But you can order it any damn way your little heart pleases. Just send Larry an email and he will have it drawn up and built any way you want it.

I promise that the drawing stage is the easiest and cheapest way to make changes.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Hi Bob, Our 380 as a general rule is outfitted with 6 element ports. Those ports are set up as 2" ferrules. It is not necessary to use all 6 but your heat up times with all 6 will allow for two runs a day (vodka runs not included). The ferrules are set up specifically for our Element Guard Kits. Our EGKs are set up with a typical 1" thread pattern that you would find on any hot water heater element.

We can set the column connection up how ever you want.

• Thanks a bunch, guys. That's pretty much what I needed to hear. This info will be stored in our "what the hell do we do now?" file.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• NO US FEDERAL BOND FOR THOSE UNDER $50,000 IN TAXES... actual waiver form coming soon.. (You have to certify that in the following year, you will not be paying $50,000 in excise taxes and file the form before canceling your bond)

TTB NEWSLETTER | Weekly News | December 30, 2016

• Dunbar has a great article in this newsletter on this.

• yeah, but the only think you need to know is what I put above, and that you cannot apply yet, as there is no waiver form available yet...

• edited January 2017

My bonds are pretty cheap - looking back last year is was only $350 for federal and state. Although dealing with the surety and mailing everything to the state is a pain in the ass.

• this year they asked for a financial report, so I gave them one... they were not happy... "We normally don’t write bonds for companies with deficit net worth" I guess they think you can turn a profit and put whiskey in barrels at the same time?...

• Value your barrel inventory at tasting room sales prices. :)

• Ha, speak of the devil, just got the renewal invoices - funny enough they mentioned the bond change and included the TTB links.

• Shit I don't know how you guys put up with so much bureacratic bullshit. Makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

Hats off for doing it the right way.

• @FloridaCracker said: Shit I don't know how you guys put up with so much bureacratic bullshit.

Things change...

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Hey everybody, It looks like we got our website issues resolved. So sorry for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if there are any issues moving forward.

Thanks for all the feedback.

• Canadian distillery is looking for a consultant that is familiar with StillDragon equipment.

Full start up service needed.

Anyone know?

• was there ever a version of an 8" ProCap plate that had a different number of holes?

I have one plate with 11 holes and 26 or so with 12 holes... just scratching my head at one with only 8 holes in the outer circle......

• Not that i recall.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited March 2017

@CothermanDistilling said: was there ever a version of an 8" ProCap plate that had a different number of holes?

I have one plate with 11 holes and 26 or so with 12 holes... just scratching my head at one with only 8 holes in the outer circle......

Maybe you just have a hole in your pocket... B-)

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @CothermanDistilling said: was there ever a version of an 8" ProCap plate that had a different number of holes?

Hi Mike,

Not intentionally. Happy to send you another.

• Was trying to figure that out myself recently. Many with 12, some with 11.

• You too Joel.

They are all supposed to have 12. Let me know if you need me to send over the correct plates.

• it is a spare, it just kinda threw me when I was aiming the downcomers....

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 91K
  • edited May 2017

As a general rule I would not advertise someone else's equipment for sale that was not StillDragon made. However this is Mashrookie's stuff. Some of you may know of him and some may not?

He has passed away and his kids are selling his stuff. He was a legitimate artist and had a very successful career as a glass blower. His equipment is very artfully made.

Here is a link @ HD

The equipment is located in Washington State by the way.

• Smaug, getting any panela in anytime soon?

• Hi Mike. I do have dome now. But I'd recommend touching base with SugarDaddy (Jason) to make sure it is available.

How much do you need?

• @Smaug said: Hi Mike. I do have dome now. But I'd recommend touching base with SugarDaddy (Jason) to make sure it is available.

How much do you need?

Was looking for a 50 pounder.

• I do have 55lb bags (I know,,weird size right?) On the floor now. What is your postal code?

Can email : smaug@stilldragon.com