StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Voice Comms

As a new and enthusiastic StillDragon user and I would like to provide for the StillDragon community at my own expense a voice comms facility using TeamSpeak (google it). I would like to receive feedback from the membership on this. I am not aware that this has been done before but feel that it could provide an unusual, immediate and useful aspect to our community. Other forums do provide a text chat facility but I feel that StillDragon can and should do better. I would like to provide this facility for our membership, please provide feedback

Regards Ian

Comments

• We have talked about using this before... or Ventrillo anyways... not teamspeak...

• Its just that I am familiar with Teamspeak

• We already have taken a look into talk and chat solutions several times, did some tests with Jabber, but in the end it's just getting too much.

The StillDragon distributors are already on Skype, and they surely are not interested in another application (nor will they have the time for it).

Considering that this is a global community with members spread across all time zones, conversation in our forum is just the most convenient solution.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Ah no worries.

The forum threads are best IMO since the dialog remains available for current and future participants.

Chat is best for light conversation and social banter if you see my meaning?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Agreed that anything that would help 2 or more people should be archived in text for future idiots like myself. I have gone back and read 99% of the old threads and have picked up a BUNCH of info.

• edited March 2015

I'll second the time zone issue. It makes real time tough, but it makes browsing the forum productive, since you have a whole day worth of posts to read by the time you wake up.

• and sometimes one reads the own mistakes again ;)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Eye don't have know make no some mistakes takes

• edited March 2015

I edit my posts an average of 22 times. I think the 30 minute edit window is wholly insufficient.

• And then I come along and do even more editing (to the better I hope)... ;)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• I promise you that I am not posting images with incorrect rotation just to screw around with you.

• @grim said: I promise you that I am not posting images with incorrect rotation just to screw around with you.

I know I am the worst at that. Truthfully I am lucky I can even attach the image.

• edited March 2015

I'm not one for voice comms, or chat rooms either. I like the throw-it-up-on-the-wall-and-let-it-stick nature of forums. I'm not saying don't set up voice comms if you like, just that it is a feature I probably wouldn't use.

I must be a real fuckup. I get a full hour to edit my posts.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @Kapea said: I must be a real fuckup. I get a full hour to edit my posts.

Yes, we had that at 15 min at the beginning. It's not to annoy our forum members but to conserve information, which becomes especially relevant if content gets quoted. If you change content in the original posting that has already been quoted it becomes a real mess. 1 hour should be plenty of time, isn't it? I make corrections anyway if necessary, so there is nothing really to worry.

• edited March 2015

Photographic alignment is relative to where you live in the world. The aussie guys' photos always appear upside down to me. (no worries, I lock rotation on my iPad and turn it upside down to view their photos)

I'm more like I am now than I was before.