StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

12" Crystal Dragon - Photos/Videos!

This has been a project long in the making, I'm sure most of the regulars have followed the threads on the 12" Crystal Dragon project. Well, things are finally coming together! 1000 Liter boiler is plumbed up to the steam, and the flange-mount 12" CD and monster dephlegmator are mounted (I swear the dephlegmator weighs in at more than 150 pounds). We're still working on the catalyst chamber above the dephlemator and the remainder of the plumbing. Should be a few more days before we've got it all together, as we may need to order a few more bits to set it up how we like. Just received a big box of parts from Larry, and will probably need another.

Been sharing some of the progress on the pro forums, but I thought the broader family here would enjoy seeing it.

The photos do the still no justice in showing the sheer size of this. For size reference, the tile wall is 10 feet high. We have at least another 2 feet worth of kit to attach to the top of the column.

We couldn't be any more impressed with how well the whole project has gone. Can't wait to fire the rig up for real.

I posted a video of a quick cleaning water run on Facebook, no time to figure out YouTube, you can see it here.

Once we get the coolant system plumbed up, I'll post a longer narrated video with a walk through of the whole setup.

Comments

• Couple more notes, we're getting polished stainless covers for the threaded rod, and have carbon fiber covers for the table mounted parrot rods. We really wanted to get round bar stock and thread the ends, but it was ending up being 3x more expensive than using threaded rod and a sheath. Should really clean up the look.

• Great! Congratulations on your progress.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your advanced progress.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• It's an impressive build for sure. :-bd

• Incredible! =D>

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Looking fantastic Grim. Well done.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Very good looking, congratulations. :-bd

• Absolutely stunning... ^:)^ Thanks for sharing the pics here with us!

• A beautiful beasty! I like the tile work too.

Pretty cool that you have the StillDragon logo tattooed all over the walls, floors, still... I want to do that on the tool boxes I store my StillDragon pieces/parts in. ;)

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• The StillDragon Wallpaper is pretty nice too! :))

• A necessary evil unfortunately, the copycats are stealing all the pictures from here like hell. It really is crazy, they do not even bother to remove the watermark and put them right on Alibaba as is. At least this way everybody can see where it's coming from. :-w

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• @Moonshine said: A necessary evil unfortunately, the copycats are stealing all the pictures from here like hell. It really is crazy, they do not even bother to remove the watermark and put them right on Alibaba as is. At least this way everybody can see where it's coming from. :-w

Chinese stealing things???? Nahhhhh not possible :D