StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Funny Things spotted on the Interwebs

Comments

drain.jpg
    606 x 800 - 77K

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• See, that's engineering. If you don't design 'em like that, no telling whut's gonna get in 'em.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• Who would design a road through a retention pond?

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited April 2017

image.jpg
    800 x 674 - 74K

urban_planning.jpg
    800 x 762 - 69K

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

engineering.jpg
    800 x 592 - 91K

questionable.jpg
    800 x 600 - 94K

• "Save the hose!".................derail a train.

united.jpg
    600 x 800 - 99K

apple.jpg
    800 x 800 - 49K

bananas.jpg
    450 x 800 - 56K

unt.jpg
    600 x 800 - 43K

• jezjez
    edited May 2017

@Moonshine these are my 2 work cups

cups.jpg
    600 x 800 - 74K
  • edited May 2017

@jez it looks like you could wash the tannin dregs out of your UNT mug occasionally.

Jez. the fishing is most excellent. Saturday went out lunchtime got the limit 20 King George whiting offa one patch and 17 calamari squid on the way home . Too bright on Sunday and only went for some more squid but no luck so quickly picked a few razor fish and went back to the same patch and got 20 more whiting. The silly Queensland and northern nsw tinny brigade have gone home and it's really just starting. They probably got their quotas anyway

• @GD50 No mate thats where all the flavour comes from lol. Was drinking from it this morning.

Oh thanks for that mate

• MMMmm razor fish. Absolutely looking forward to getting back to China this winter as that is the only place i get to eat razor fish. They have little live ones over there 2" long in all the seafood restaurants. My favourite seafood over there i reckon, always look forward to seeing how a place is going to cook them.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: MMMmm razor fish. Absolutely looking forward to getting back to China this winter as that is the only place i get to eat razor fish. They have little live ones over there 2" long in all the seafood restaurants. My favourite seafood over there i reckon, always look forward to seeing how a place is going to cook them.

I have no idea what Razor Fish are ... Googling them shows 1) an actual fish, and 2) a shellfish that looks like a cigar ... which is it?

• edited May 2017

Might be the wrong razor fish @punkin . Pictures attached. These have meat the size of a large thick scallop say 60mm dia 30mm thick for a good one. Can be cooked etc but by far best eaten raw pickled. Excellent bait and plenty here but reducing in other places due to over collection. Only the top half protrudes from the sand so totally fixed in place.

1.jpg
    800 x 520 - 42K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 109K
  • edited May 2017

Yes mate, different species. Pinna bicolour are what you guys have and the delicacy i refer to is Ensis arcuatus. Apologies.

Razor shell @ Wikipedia

Ezi another thing we see in China a lot in the restaraunts that may be more familiar is the geoduck shellfish.

Geoduck @ Wikipedia

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Cheers guys, never seen them in real life! I feel cheated... guess I'll have another drink.

• edited May 2017

Clean you house and survive being nuked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGJcwaUWNZg

• @EZiTasting when eating pickled razor fish a drink - probably beer - is almost essential . They are really good with a little onion and chilli. Mind you squid done the same is good too.

• Hey mate, The eat those as a ceviche in Peru. But you want to wash them well to get out any sand. Add Lemon juice for about 3 to 4 mins and mack on down. Just great.

• edited May 2017

I can eat them raw from the shell but just a few minutes in vinegar or juice and heaven . Never really found a good cooked way as pickled / raw kills it. A week in the fridge with onion and chili and different but still great.

In the Food topic i just wrote a post about dinner but King George whiting is a commercial fish and not my favorite - though our region is famous for them. I would rather eat the bait used to catch them - ie razor fish , cockles ( pippi or vongole ) and squid.

• edited May 2017

I am sure this is fake news. Do not believe it

Bombay Sapphire gin recalled for having too much alcohol @ msn money

• The Canucks are just pissed off because they can only tax the alcohol content on the label. :))

• @Kapea : wouldn't the distillery miss a few thousand liters of alcohol in their inventory?

• Very very common in other parts of the world (not that i read the story). Even beer in China noticeably varies from the label, you can often judge by effect, so significant difference.

• U.S. distilleries/bottlers have been temporarily shut down for same.

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• I saw something in one of the industry news things a month ago... someone got percent proof and percent mixed up... I am sure some pain will be had in the audits that result from this...