How many Still Configurations has Myles done?

edited February 2015 in General

Well? Every time I think I've seen it all, Myles pulls out a configuration from outer space!

Comments

• :)) I am a tinkerer. I was in search of my ideal configuration and strangely enough it looks like I will end up with a modified 5 or 6 plate SD column. :D

• 5 OR 6 plate......... :))

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @Myles said: :)) I am a tinkerer. I was in search of my ideal configuration and strangely enough it looks like I will end up with a modified 5 or 6 plate SD column. :D

I can recommend the 5 plate plus packed section as an incredibly versatile setup. In this mode I happily strip at full power, lazy mans (can't be stuffed pulling it down) pot with passive reflux. Dribble some dephlag if you like.

Drop the packed section and a plate or 2 and you're all set for flavoured brown spirits.

The packed section can be emptied out and used as an impromtu botanicals basket for Gin or other vapour infusions.

I think you'll be really happy with it @Myles, just go for the super dephlag, it will give you more options for when you want to tinker...and I know you will ;)

Cheers,

Mech.

• I must admit that I am liking the idea of a rock steady hearts run for white rum or grappa with the full plate count and the option of a conventional pot still run profile with a few less plates.

• edited February 2015

Myles is the Kama Sutra of hobby distilling! ^:)^

:)

I'm more like I am now than I was before.