StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

TMW Stripper

13»

Comments

• edited October 2019

@TheMechWarrior said: Can anyone here draw up the electrical diagram for the control box for this? I'm not electrical engineering savvy.

I have a sparky who can do the work for me but he needs to know what I want him to do, since he has no idea what this is or what its trying to do.
    Initially I'll plug 2 x 15A 220V 3600W (7.2kW total) elements to drive this.

All going well at that level I'd like the flexibility to switch to a single 415V 3 phase 18kW element.

I still need to buy a suitably sized control box and I'll need plugs/adapters for the control box to suit the items below.
    Open to suggestions for the best/convenient plug/connection types.

I dropped the pressure control loop and replaced it with a temperature control loop.

Parts list:

1. Digital PID Temperature Controller D1S-CR-220 4-20mA+Relay 100-240VAC
    2. Digital PID Temperature Controller D1S-2R-220 relay output + relay alarm output
    3. Digital PID Temperature Controller D1S-VR-220 SSR output + relay alarm output
    4. RTD PT100 Temperature Sensors 1/2” NPT Threads with Detachable Connector
    5. RTD PT100 Temperature Sensors 1/2” NPT Threads with Detachable Connector
    6. RTD PT100 Temperature Sensors 1/2” NPT Threads with Detachable Connector
    7. SSR-40LA 4-20mA to AC28-280V 40A Single Phase SSR Solid State Relay w Cover
    8. 125mmx70mmx50mm Single-phase Solid State Relay SSR Heat Sink Dissipation
    9. Single Phase Solid State Relay SSR-40AA 40A 150-350VAC 24-480VAC w Heat Sink
    10. 110-220V To DC 12V 24V LED Strip Light Switch Power Supply Driver Transformer
    11. 110-220V To DC 12V 24V LED Strip Light Switch Power Supply Driver Transformer
    12. DC 12V 30W 0142 Motor High Pressure Diaphragm Water Self Priming Pump 3L/Min

Cheers,

Mech.

@themechwarrior Did you ever get this setup to work? It looks pretty elegant actually. A couple of the details escape me (like the gas bleed vent thingy and plate design) but it looks like it’s basically run itself!

• I have all the parts still sitting on the shelf.

Other projects have taken priority. I did build a 6" test version that had an 8m column, it worked a treat but I had to pull it all down to make way for current needs. It's on the back burner for now.